Sunday, 23 April 2017

Week 2 Post 1



  Week 2 Post 1
With regards to software, we use Conveyancer, Teraview and Word Perfect in the office. PC Law is also the accounting software that is used, but I am not responsible for that. With regards to equipment, we have a printer that is located in the file room that we use to print, fax and scan documents. 

I have learned about most of the software that I am currently using in our program. The only one that is different is Word Perfect. But I think that my knowledge in Microsoft Word has helped me to adapt quickly using this new software. I found it fairly easy to learn the new layout of the menu bar.

I have prepared many of the documents that we learned in class including:
·        - Direction Re: Title;
·         -Direction Re: Funds;
·         -Undertaking to Readjust;
·         -Acknowledgment and Directions;
·         -Declarations;
·         -Bill of Sale, Warranty, Sale Tax;
·         -Reporting Letters;
·         - Statement of Adjustment;
·         -Trust Ledger Statement;
·         - Accounts.

I do not really have a special project but I have been assigned my own purchase file. I am responsible for preparing all of the documents, contacting the client, and dealing with any problems that arise.
I have been fairly comfortable from the beginning but this week I felt more confident in my role. I am starting to learn and remember how and when to do certain things. This is making my job easier and I feel more independent.

I feel that the real estate class I took prepared my very well for this role. I cannot think of anything that I have come across on the job that I did not have any experience with in class. I have become more knowledgeable about real estate by getting more hands on experience through this placement. 

I am using all the skills that I learned in school. For example, I have used the team work skills that I learned in interpersonal communication. I have used my knowledge of conveyancer and Teraview that learned in our real estate class. I have also used my skills that I have learned in PC Law to read client ledgers. In office procedures, we learned basic formatting of letters and other documents. All of this knowledge has been very helpful during my placement.

Apart from calling clients to gather information and greeting a few clients, I have not had much interaction with clients. I have felt comfortable doing this but I am still intimidated by it. I think that once I have more experience with it, I will feel more comfortable. 

3 comments:

  1. Noticing that you are also working in real estate, I was wondering if they have offered to take you on bank runs, or if there is a specific person for that in your office?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done a lot of bank runs depositing cheques and getting them certified. There is not a certain person, I believe that everyone does their own runs for their files.

      Delete
  2. Hello Cristina - can you please advise how you are calculating statements of adjustments and closing proceeds? Do you depend on Conveyancer or do you use your Excel spreadsheet?

    ReplyDelete